11 Apr 2023
Female Deputy Manager (Tottenham & Potters Bar) Must Be a driver
Magic Life is a rapidly growing Supported Living provider in North London and Hertfordshire. We support a wide range of people with various physical/learning disabilities and people with mental health.
Our services are aimed at individuals and families living with a range of challenges, including:
- Learning Disabilities
- Mental Health Needs
- Acquired Brain Injury
- Behaviors that are deemed to be Challenging
- Physical Disabilities
- Dual Diagnosis
- EUPD Support
- Forensic Support
- Long Term Support
- Location (Tottenham & Potters Bar)
- Hourly Rate (£13.92 per hour)
- Day & night shift patterns
- Ongoing training
- Referral Bonus scheme
To lead the team of support workers and ensure the smooth running of the project.
To undertake a variety of tasks including and arranging high quality support, care and daily living and personal development opportunities. To flexibly respond to individual needs and aspirations and assist individuals to have the maximum opportunities to direct the support or care provided in order to live as valued individuals in the Community.
· To cover in the absence of the Project Manager (PM)
· To ensure Support Workers deliver all their duties as per their job description
· To ensure best practice in all service delivery across all areas of responsibility
· To support the PM with accounting for all monies spent on behalf of all Service Users and to produce receipts for any expenditure
· To support the PM to ensure weekly safety and maintenance checks are carried out and the correct action taken and documented.
· To carry out monthly Health and Safety audits within the project.
· To complete a daily check on medications, to include that all medications are signed and no gaps on MARS, box counts are correct, new medication is checked in by 2 staff members and signed, to also include Service Users who self-medicate. To delegate this in the absence of the PM or yourself.
· Support/Goal plans to be reviewed monthly or sooner and robust risk assessments are in place and again reviewed monthly or sooner
· To ensure all Key Working sessions are completed monthly and a copy is documented and placed in their file, and copy sent to the Director of Operations.
· To support the PM in participating in taking a delegated lead role in the development of programmes based upon individual needs and to be involved in putting this into practice
· To work with Service Users both on an individual and group basis on a wide range of activities which meet the identified needs of the individual and which can contribute to securing a valued life style for the person/people involved
· To give assistance and support to tenants to ensure they meet professional appointments
· To assist the service user with obtaining housing benefits and other benefits of entitlement.
· To facilitate and enable Service Users to access and utilise the resources and activities available within the community
· To liaise on a regular basis with Service Users Families, Friends, Advocates and any professionals as necessary
· To support the PM with supervisions (1-1) with all staff on a three-monthly basis or sooner if the need arises
· In the absence of the PM to send an updated list of HB etc to accounts each Monday.
· To complete and send to maintenance list to the maintenance department each Monday.
· To support with ensuring 4 weekly Service Users meetings are carried out
· To support with ensuring 4 weekly staff meetings are held
· To ensure all Service Users are Safeguarded in accordance with local policies at all times
· Ensuring the project is clean and cleaning Schedules are completed daily.
· To attend monthly PM meetings in the absence of the PM.
· To induct new staff and ensure induction paperwork is completed within a 2-week period and returned to the Operations Director.
· To cover sickness, annual leave etc., this will include working weekends and nights
· To attend training provided by the Company
· To ensure a high quality of support for the service users, this includes activities of their choice, sourcing day centre opportunities, days out, employment, education etc.
· To carry out any other reasonable duties which are within the scope of this post
If you feel you have the skills to succeed, please apply today by filling out the form below.
Deputy Manager Tottenham & Potters Bar