07 Dec 2018
Harry and William are feeling on top of the world as they raise £750.00 for Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospice as they complete their climbing challenge at Castle Climbing Centre. Encouraged by the Magic Life staff from Devonshire Lodge and HQ, Harry set about climbing the formidable wall, scaling it an impressive six times. William Ress (Operations Director) was challenged to double the climb which he did climbing it twelve times leaving him with some sore hands.
It goes without saying that we are all very proud of Harry and William’s achievement and the money raised is going to a great charity.
Below is a list of how the money gets used.
- £10 could pay for a bespoke birthday present for a seriously ill child
- £25 could be put towards our Hardship fund and help a family in need
- £38 could pay for a place at one of our Sibling days. Brothers and sisters of children we care for can spend time with others in similar situations
- £55 could pay for individual care session from a Specialist Carer (salary/ 433 hours per carer on average)
- £100 could pay for a place at a Noah’s Ark Children’s Group.
- £100 could pay for multi-sensory toys which can play a big part in a child’s development
- £116 could pay for one session of Music Therapy for a seriously unwell child or their sibling. (costs/ sessions)
- £142 could pay for a family to enjoy precious moments at a Noah’s Ark Family Day
- £165 could pay for one session of Drama and Movement Therapy for a seriously unwell child or their sibling. (costs/ number of sessions)
- £274 could pay to keep Noah’s Ark afloat for one hour
- £300 could pay for one of our Parents Groups run by our Family Link team where parents can talk to other parents going through similar