23 Nov 2022
Team Leader Required For Bishop’s Stortford
Team Leader Job Description
Chapel Row, Bishops Stortford
- To support the Project Manager in managing a flexible, person-centred, and high-quality service for adults with learning disabilities and other needs.
- Support the development of the Magic Life Supported Living services in accordance with organisational improvement plans.
- To support the Project Manager in managing and developing a team of staff, including taking part in meet and greets and shadow shifts with new staff, helping to organise supervisions, attending team meetings, and contributing to them. To support the Project Manager in the recruitment of new staff.
- To support the staff to work in a positive, person-centred manner at all times. To ensure that a respectful and empowering approach is taken to supporting service users’ human rights and wellbeing.
- To support the Project Manager in ensuring that the service is compliant with contract and regulatory specifications alongside organisational monitoring and evaluation requirements.
- To support the Project Manager in ensuring the service is able to demonstrate accurate and planned performance aims.
- Effectively managing the service users and petty cash budgets for the service. Ensuring that staff are following budget plans and recording money records appropriately.
- To take the lead, and/or oversee tasks that have been set by the Project Manager.
- To provide direct care and support to service users as determined by service structuring and needs of the users.
- To lead staff, and act as a role model, to ensure that the high standards of performance and work are achieved. To ensure that staff are received guidance and direction from you.
- To co-ordinate and delegate tasks to the support workers to ensure the needs of the service user are being met.
- To ensure that activity planners and meal planners are completed either weekly or daily with the service users, depending on their needs. To ensure that visual cues are completed and social stories created where necessary
- To maintain up to date knowledge, training and skills in relation to the service users needs and the policies and procedures in place.
- To carry out formal and informal checks, including spot checks.
- To ensure that all support workers carry out their roles as per their job description.
The Service User
- To ensure that yourself, and the staff, sustain a warm and transparent working relationship with the service users, promoting their health, well-being and independence.
- To ensure that service users are given as many opportunities as possible and are supported to make positive, appropriate choices. To act as an advocate for the service user. To support the service user whilst they are out in the community.
- To promote a positive relationship between the service user and their family, and to maintain good contact with the families regarding the service user.
- To follow appropriate strategies, care plans and protocols to support the service user and their needs, particularly when they are displaying behaviours that cause concern.
- To ensure that the team are all following the same strategies, care plans and protocols.
- To ensure that the service user attends all necessary health advice, health appointments and regular health checks. To provide the service user with the appropriate support when they are attending these meetings.
- To ensure that all medications are administered correctly, and to make sure that they are being recorded appropriately. To ensure that the medication is being stored appropriately.
- To immediately inform the relevant member of staff and external agencies if there are any concerns, or any significant changes to the service users needs, behaviours or circumstances. To follow the agreed plan of actions.
- To ensure that emergencies, accidents, and incidents are responded to appropriately in accordance with the organisational policy and reporting procedures. To clearly evidence all actions that are taken and to follow them up.
- To always promote the anti-discrimination policy.
- To ensure that all service users have an individual and up-to-date support plan and risk assessments. To continuously update these care plans as the service user develops and changes.
- To ensure that the service user, their families and friends are all safeguarded from harm. To comply with Magic Life and all applicable placing authorities safeguarding policies and procedures. To communicate any concerns regarding the safety or welfare of service users to appropriate internal or external personnel. To escalate any safeguarding concerns of abuse as soon as possible.
- To be flexible in your working hours
- To work every other weekend, and to be on-call on the weekends that you are working
- To help find cover for outstanding shifts, through current staff members or via agency
- To act as the leader on shift, coordinating staff and all care and support activities.
- To support in completing weekly reports that are to be sent to head office and the families
- To support in the monthly audits to be sent to head office
- To support in auditing medication and monies on each shift
- To support in updating care plans where needed. Care plans are to be reviewed every 6 weeks or more with any changes.
- To have an excellent working relationship with the service user, and to provide a key worker report with them each month.
- To ensure that all documentation is always completed appropriately. To ensure that the documentation conforms with the service specification and the quality of Magic Life regulators and stakeholders.
- To maintain excellent communications to ensure effective joint working with partner agencies. To ensure that, where there are joint working protocols with partner agencies, Magic Life supported living services perform their separate responsibilities as agreed and to a high standard.
- To ensure that policies and regulations pertaining to health, safety and security are understood and complied with by all staff, service users and visitors. To promote a high standard of health and safety awareness.
- – To promote service user feedback, and a positive attitude to complaints. To ensure that complaints are fully investigated in line with agreed procedures and that timely and appropriate action is carried out.
- – To maintain effective administrative procedures and financial control systems in liaison with the Project Manager / Director of Operations. To monitor carefully all in-service financial arrangements and transactions.
- – To participate in monitoring and evaluation procedures. To prepare for and contribute in the formal review of the service at regular intervals. To develop and participate in the evaluation of outcomes for service users.
- To assist the Project Manager/Director of Operations in the management of the service budget. To ensure that service accounting, petty cash and book-keeping procedures are maintained to the required standards.
- To ensure that intermittent and recurring tasks take place in accordance with agreed timescales.
- To establish and maintain good working relationships with all professionals and services in the relevant area.
- To contribute to effective joint working by maintaining regular, quality communication with stakeholders and by participating in inter agency forums where applicable.
- To facilitate the involvement of service users, carers and representatives in the management and development of the service.
- To promote Magic Life, its services and activities to service users, carers, other agencies and the general public.
- To provide regular verbal and written reports to line manager.
- To accept regular support and supervision from line manager.
- To comply with and to implement the Magic Life Equality and Diversity Policy.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times, as appropriate and in accordance with the agreed policies.
- To identify own learning and development needs in discussion with line manager and to attend learning events and courses as required.
- To observe any written policies, procedures and guidelines for good practice agreed by Magic Life.
- Be aware that there is a requirement to support service users with daily living skills and individual activities which will include moving and handling and may involve supporting people with personal care needs.
- To provide on call cover for designated services intermittently and as defined by the organisational procedures.
- Any other duties as required.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £13.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Apply today by filling out the form below.
Team Leader For Bishop's Stortford