15 Jun 2021
Project Managers Require for (Learning Disabilities) in Tottenham
Reporting to Director of Operations
Outline of responsibilities:
- To manage a flexible, person-centered, and high-quality service for adults with learning disabilities and other needs.
- Support the development of the Magic Life Supported Living services in accordance with organizational improvement plans.
- To manage and develop a team of staff, including participating in recruitment, facilitating supervisions and team meetings, making appropriate use of performance management procedures where necessary.
- To ensure that all staff work in a positive, person-centered manner at all times. To ensure that a respectful and empowering approach is taken to supporting service users’ human rights and wellbeing.
- To ensure that the service is compliant with contract and regulatory specifications alongside organizational monitoring and evaluation requirements.
- To ensure the service is able to demonstrate accurate and planned performance aims.
- To effectively manage the service budget as directed by the Director of Operations.
- As required by the Director of Operations: to act as the service lead for safeguarding adults, service lead for health and safety, and CQC Registered Manager for the service.
- Experience in care provision at a level that reflects the responsibilities of the post applied for
- Experience of supporting people, and an excellent understanding of the needs of people with Learning disabilities.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Good presentation skills
- Computer literate
- Understanding of CQC fundamental standards, and legislation and regulation concerned with care provision
- Administrative experience
- Experience in supervising staff
- Demonstrable experience of being a CQC Registered Manager
- QCF Level 5 in the Management of Health and Social Care
- Professional qualification
- Experience as a supervisor within a care/support-providing organization.
- Experience in supporting people with Behaviours of Concern
- Reliable and committed
- Team working skills
- Excellent communication skills and time management
- Sound understanding of good care principles
- Calm and patient
- Ability to deal with change or emergencies
- Ability to display empathy and understanding
- Excellent leadership skills
Duties and responsibilities
- To lead and manage staff teams to ensure that the high standards of performance and work are achieved.
- To efficiently coordinate and deploy resources (including staff) in relation to the needs of service users and the requirements of the service.
- To ensure excellent working relationships with all service stakeholders and other professionals.
- To ensure that all staff receive guidance, direction, supervision and evaluation. To take appropriate supportive and corrective action to ensure that performance concerns are addressed effectively.
- To ensure that staff training and development needs are identified and met. To participate in the planning and delivery of staff training and development activities.
- To ensure that regular, effective team meetings take place and are evidenced.
- To promote good practice and act as a role model for staff.
- To maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills and brief staff regarding policy and practice issues.
- To participate in the recruitment and selection of staff, under the direction of the Service Manager/Director of Operations.
Care and Support of Service Users
- To ensure that staff develop and sustain warm and transparent relationships with service users that promote service users’ health, wellbeing, and independence.
- To ensure there are opportunities for service users to feedback on their experiences of services and to be involved in decision making that affects their lives, homes and staff teams.
- To ensure that staff respect and promote the rights of service users, enabling them to participate in their communities. To ensure that service users have access to sources of independent advocacy and advice.
- To enable service users to access social, leisure, work and educational opportunities.
- To promote a transparent and positive approach to the friends and families of service users. To involve families and significant others in support planning, where this is in accordance with service user preferences.
- To support service users and staff in the use of appropriate strategies to support people who express their frustrations and needs through behaviors that can cause concern. To ensure this work is collaborative with appropriate agencies.
- To ensure that service users receive all necessary health advice, health care, and regular health checks to maintain their physical wellbeing. To ensure that service users are provided with appropriate support with their health care needs.
- To ensure that medication is administered and recorded as prescribed. To manage safe procedures for the collection, storage, and administration of medication in accordance with organizational policy and procedure.
- To inform relevant staff and external agencies of any concerns or significant changes in service users’ needs, behavior, and circumstances. To work in collaboration with relevant staff and external agencies in accordance with agreed plans of action at times of concern or significant changes.
- To ensure that emergencies, accidents, and incidents are responded to promptly and appropriately in accordance with organizational policy and reporting procedures. To ensure that follow-up actions are taken and clearly evidenced as a routine response to emergencies, accidents, and incidents.
- To coordinate the safe management of service users finances were required in services. This includes ensuring that all transactions are recorded, that monies and near-cash items are kept safe and inventories are maintained, to ensure that service users rare supported to be as independent as possible in relation to their personal finances, to support service users to apply for and maintain their full benefit entitlement and are provided with support with budgeting, paying bills and managing debt.
- To promote anti-discriminatory practice at all times.
- To ensure that the needs of service users are assessed, identified, and fully responded to as appropriate.
- To ensure that all service users have an individual comprehensive Support Plan and Risk Assessment which are regularly reviewed and evaluated.
- To ensure there are sufficient systems in place in services to monitor the implementation and effectiveness of support plans and risk assessments.
- To ensure that service user, their friends and family are safeguarded from harm. To comply with Magic Life and all applicable placing authorities’ safeguarding policies and procedures. To communicate any concerns regarding the safety or welfare of service users to appropriate internal or external personnel. To escalate any concerns regarding the safeguarding of service users from abuse as and when necessary.
- To be accountable for the overall quality of the supported living service and to ensure that it conforms at all times with the service specification and the quality standards of Magic Life regulators and stakeholders.
- To maintain excellent communications to ensure effective joint working with partner agencies. To ensure that, where there are joint working protocols with partner agencies, Magic Life supported living services perform their separate responsibilities as agreed and to a high standard.
- To ensure that policies and regulations pertaining to health, safety and security are understood and complied with by all staff, service users and visitors. To promote a high standard of health and safety awareness.
- To promote customer feedback and a positive attitude to complaints. To ensure that complaints are fully investigated in line with agreed procedures and that timely and appropriate action is carried out.
- To maintain effective administrative procedures and financial control systems in liaison with the Service Manager / Director of Operations. To monitor carefully all in-service financial arrangements and transactions.
- To participate in monitoring and evaluation procedures. To prepare for and contribute to the formal review of the service at regular intervals. To develop and participate in the evaluation of outcomes for service users.
- To assist the Service Manager/Director of Operations in the management of the service budget. To ensure that service accounting, petty cash and book-keeping procedures are maintained to the required standards.
- To ensure that office accommodation and the general working environment is kept to a high standard and that all areas are attractive, clean and well maintained.
- To ensure that intermittent and recurring tasks take place in accordance with agreed timescales.
- To establish and maintain good working relationships with all professionals and services in the relevant area.
- To contribute to effective joint working by maintaining regular, quality communication with stakeholders and by participating in inter-agency forums where applicable.
- To facilitate the involvement of service users, carers and representatives in the management and development of the service.
- To promote Magic Life, its services and activities to service users, carers, other agencies and the general public.
- To provide regular verbal and written reports to the line manager.
- To accept regular support and supervision from a line manager.
- To comply with and to implement the Magic Life Equality and Diversity Policy.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times, as appropriate and in accordance with the agreed policies.
- To identify own learning and development needs in discussion with line manager and to attend learning events and courses as required.
- To observe any written policies, procedures and guidelines for good practice agreed by Magic Life.
- Be aware that there is a requirement to support service users with daily living skills and individual activities which will include moving and handling and may involve supporting people with personal care needs.
- To provide on-call cover for designated services intermittently and as defined by the organisational procedures.
- Any other duties as required.